Friday, January 13, 2012

Tattoos: Would You Get One?

First response will definitely be yes for me (but then I think about it over and over again...in the end it's still a yes though!) Close to a month ago, Alpha and I were actually discussing this and what we would get if we ever got one. ((Check out Alpha's post on Tattoos too!) We both agreed we wanted multiple small tattoos either script or symbols. 

Tattoos are extremely popular. Well at least in America it is...well more specifically my generation. It seems like everyone has a tattoo - almost anywhere and everywhere imaginable on their bodies. Some are extremely cool while others just look tacky and horrible. So here are some tips/comments when it comes to getting tattoos - no matter the size. 
  • Neck tattoos are awesome. You can show it off or easily cover it. Like I said. Awesome.
  • If you're gonna get a big tattoo. Please make it pretty (and something you wont regret!)
  • Tattoos are the coolest when they actually have a meaning or if it means something special. 
  • You can actually work tattoos with formalwear - just keep it neutral and simple. 
  • For visible tattoos beware of clashing patterns! Simple is always attractive you know....
  • Hot or not. Body art is no reason to NOT wear clothes that cover your body. kthanxbye. 
  • Be smart to where you get your tattoo (think about how your body is eventually going to look...)
  • Live up to your tattoo. No regrets right? 
So, for you tattoo virgins (myself included), probably the most feared aspect is the pain encountered. Yikes! This is probably one of the reasons why I don't want one...the pain!! Below is a pain chart...it sucks because all the places that I've considered getting a tattoo is red :( 


But I'll tell you what I'm thinking of getting at the moment. I really have three small tattoos in mind. 1) A Sagittarius Sign (an arrow) 2) An Ankh (Egyptian symbol meaning eternal life) 3) "Kobe" in kanji. Okay why get these. The Sagittarius sign - I actually like to identify with my zodiac sign I think it says a lot who I am and what my personality is like and I love it. The Ankh for eternal life, I think it's more of a reminder that I'm more and that I should live everyday and adventure! Also I just love Egypt...and finally Kobe in kanji. Well for one it's my hometown, where I grew up and it connects me to Japan. 

Oh. And I think lizards are really cool. ((they remind my of my Mom))
I'll totally let you know how the tattoo turns out. 
Love, 
ALPHA

16 comments:

  1. I don't know about this pain chart I have a very low pain tolerance...and I have 4 tattoos one on each shoulder which were not a problem pain wise..I also have one on my wrist which did not bother me with pain...and one on my hip that was like a 9 out of 10 in the pain scale...

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure if the pain chart is really accurate, because i have one that shows in a red area, but honestly it was more like an itchy than actual pain... and knowing myself it's not like im the most pain tolerant person..

    ReplyDelete